Stronger Modular Tubular MX5 Rear Subframe
We've spent over 7 years developing and testing the ultimate MX-5 rear subframe upgrade for NA & NB Miata chassis. The development process started with 3D scanning and reverse engineering the OEM subframe. Hundreds of hours or CAD development and testing with multiple renditions of the design allowing us to create a singular base structure that enables the use of several differential options by integrating the mounting points into the subframe and billet adapter brackets.
Our rear sub is manufactured from start to finish in-house at the V8R headquarters using the latest tube processing equipment, which allows us to build this subframe using tab & slot function, and final welding in a precision fixture. All NB suspension pick up points, exhaust hanger locations, and brake line mounting points are integrated into the subframe for easy adapting with the other OEM Miata components for seamless. NB lower control brace is designed to bolt up like stock with additional exhaust routing clearance designed into the mounting points. This is the most versatile rear subframe upgrade on the market. Works with all V8R differential swap kits from all generation just choose the current differential you are using, no additional parts required. Powder coated in silver vain gray.
- V8R subframe is designed as a race component for off-road use. It will increase NVH!
- Modular design can adapt several different differential options (Ford 8.8, Getrag, Torson - coming soon) within the same frame
- Weight reduction over the OEM subframe with V8R differential swap kits of 10-15lbs
- Works with NB subframe bracing
- Additional exhaust clearance built into the lower mounting points for ease of routing
- Machined aluminum & fabricated differential mounts
- Increase rigidity over OEM greatly increases rear chassis stiffening
- Works with OEM control arms & aftermarket
- Integrated sway bar, NB exhaust hanger, and brake line mounting points
- DOM tubing construction
|12 × 36 × 28 in
I’ll make this short and sweet. The overall design and build quality is very good. Although I wasn’t a fan of the powder coat color, the finish was very nice and the CNC pieces were nicely machined. I believe it’s a good value for the price and I love that V8R is still making great components for these aging cars.
To be clear, my pics are different than what you get because I had my subframe powder coated black and the CNC pieces I had anodized red.
I’m giving it 4 stars because no directions are included. Hopefully they will provide this in the future.