NA/NB Packages Include
- Performance MX5 Coilovers – DSD (Basic Package) or Ohlins (Premium Package)
- Energy Suspension Bushings
- Sway Bar Endlinks x2
Basic Package: V8R DSD
Our DSD suspension is a result of over three years of track and street testing to provide a complete Coilover system that would allow a tight yet cushioned ride but would be able to handle a weekend in the canyons or on track. Its full-length adjustment system keeps ride height and preload adjustments separate by having easily adjustable length shock bodies. This feature allows you to make quick setup changes with the included forged spanner and also allows corner weighting without affecting spring preload. Damping curves are easily adjusted through the top of the shock. We use 8/5 settings for the street and start at 15/12 for the track.
Our testing was done using BP and V8 conversion cars. Spanning over 40k miles and dozens of track days through the course of testing. For larger wheel and tire combos and more dedicated track uses we recommend 12K front and 7K rear spring rates. For touring street use and occasional track 8k front/5K rear.
- Fully threaded aluminum-bodied
- Mono-tube design
- 30 way adjustable valving, rebound, and compression together
- Independent pre-load and ride height adjustments
- 10K(560lbs) front 7K(392lbs) rear spring rates standard.
- SAE9254 high strength cold wound then heat-treated steel springs
- Aluminum upper mounts, rubber isolated to help aid NHV
- NOK oil seals, 20w race series oil
- Bump stops and dust boots included
- Hard anodized for corrosion resistance
- Shocks can be rebuilt or custom valved
- Supported by an 18-month warranty
Coilovers are assembled with your choice of rates. Please allow a few days for assembly before shipping.
Premium Package: Ohlins Road & Track MAS MI20
A step above our DSD. We’ve worked with Ohlins across many platforms of motorsports for the last 20+ years. From Formula Ford and IMSA prototypes to Motorcycles. Ohlins is widely recognized as one of the best damper manufacturers in the world. We are proud to offer Ohlins’ R&T DFV line of Coilovers, which provide excellent track performance and road comfort without compromise.
Ohlins’ DFV (Dual-Flow Valve) technology allows for dampers that are highly digressive, delivering world-class performance on the race track without compromising street comfort. Simply put, these dampers are designed to maximize performance on both the street and the track.
Thanks to mostly aluminum construction, these monotube Coilovers are also some of the lightest available on the market. They are rebuildable and revalvable within the United States and come with a 2-year warranty. If you’re looking for the ultimate off-the-shelf Coilover the road and track series is it.
We can custom valve these and apply any spring rates desired. Please contact us for pricing and options. Please see our Pro Series ILX/TTX system for the ultimate double adjustable track package.
- 80 N/mm (458 lbs/in.) front, 60 N/mm (343 Lbs/in.) rear
- Monotube dampers and aluminum construction
- Temperature-sensitive, digressive valving
- Rebound adjustable by 20 clicks
- Front ride height adjustable from 50mm to 20mm lower than stock
- Rear ride height adjustable from 50mm to 25mm lower than stock
- Damper length (ride height) and spring preload are adjustable independently
- Dust covers protect and extend the life of the dampers
- Rebuildable in the USA
- Revalvable in the USA
- Corrosion salt spray tested according to ISO 9227
- 2-Year manufacturer warranty
Energy Suspension Bushings
For use with factory Mazda control arms. Durometer is 88A throughout. The front upper bushings are 95A and graphite impregnated. Bushings included:
- 4x Front upper control arm
- 2x Front lower control arm, forward
- 2x Front lower control arm, aft
- 4x Rear lower inner control arm
- 4x Rear upper inner control arm
- 2x Rear upper outer control arm
- 4x Rear lower outer control arm
Sway Bar Endlinks
V8 Roadsters adjustable end links can be used with all style sway bars, from stock ride height to lower race heights. Designed to last and built with high-grade performance materials. 6061-T6 anodized turnbuckles with left and right-hand threads for easy adjustment on the car. 7075-rod ends are PTFE lined for years of maintenance-free service. 6061-T6 anodized spacers for proper bar alignment and angularity with zinc hardware. Our adjustable sway bar end links work in both single and double shear-style arms. These packages come with a pair (2 endlinks).